Sustainability at Carlisle Racecourse
Carlisle Racecourse is set in picturesque, green surroundings where we prioritise our environmental responsibilities and strive to incorporate sustainable principles in our business.
The Jockey Club has its own Sustainability Executive who is based at Sandown park and works with our team to ensure that we implement steps to reduce our impact on the environment without affecting the quality of the customer experience.
Our sustainability strategy is constantly evolving and we have a mixture of short and longer objectives to help achieve our aims. Some of the objectives that we have already completed at Carlisle Racecourse include:
- A decrease in annual energy consumption, both in electricity and gas
- An increase in the proportion of waste recycled
- All of our racecards are printed on recycled paper
- Incorporating environmental credentials in our procurement decisions
- Our catering division, Jockey Club Catering, is dedicated to sourcing local food suppliers wherever possible
In addition to the above we hope to soon have electric vehicle charging points installed at the Racecourse.
We are always looking for ideas to reduce the impact of of Carlisle Racecourse on the local and wider environment. if you have any suggestions, please e-mails us at email@example.com - we would be delighted to hear from you.